Salary: £23,100k – £25,200k depending on experience + pension & 30 days holiday per year
Status: Full time, CDI, subject to a trial period of 3 months
Report to: Responsible for rentals and rental assistance
Location: Homes for Good, Bridgeton, G40 with some homework. Travel to Greater Glasgow and the West of Scotland.
Please submit your most recent CV, with contact details of two referees, and a cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for the job to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the Homes for Good team. The deadline for submitting applications is May 31, 2022.
Tenant and Community Development Officer
This role is at the heart of our relationship-based approach to working with our tenants and within the communities where we have homes – reducing social isolation for tenants, improving confidence and skills and making things happen within our communities. You will work closely with the extended HFG team, local people and community partner organizations to access services, develop an events program and access local training and recreational opportunities. This will include online and face-to-face activities and events, working with tenants individually and as part of a group, or through social media engagement.
Skills and experience required
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as community development, adult education or event management
- At least 2 years of work experience delivering community development or tenant engagement projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of working with stakeholders of all types to generate opportunities to improve people’s lives
- Clear thinker, effective problem solver and effective decision maker
- Proven track record of achieving individual goals and contributing to overall team performance
- Commitment to providing a high quality customer experience
- Creativity to inspire and develop a range of creative and educational projects
- Demonstrable knowledge of personal wellness and mental health awareness
- Tolerant and compassionate attitude, with excellent listening skills
- Demonstrable ability to remain calm in complex scenarios and build positive relationships with tenants, external agencies and partners.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record
- Computing, IT, video conferencing and social media literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with video conferencing hosting experience on Zoom, WhatsApp and Facebook
- Analytical skills used to find community resources
- Experience in training and supporting other team members
- An understanding of tenant and housing issues
Home is the foundation of all our lives. We recognize the importance of a safe and secure home, and our responsibility for the properties we manage. Our values underpin everything we do and our daily behaviors, as a team and as individuals, reflect them. They are:
Kindness: We always treat people well and without judgement.
Friendly: We are accessible and easily accessible to our customers.
Integrity and fairness: We always strive to do the right thing.
Quality: Our services are of a high quality that we constantly maintain.
Skill: We have excellent expertise in property management.
Homes for Good is Scotland’s first social enterprise letting agency, now part of a vibrant social enterprise group. Founded in 2013, with offices in Bridgeton and Dennistoun, we manage and own over 500 properties in the Greater Glasgow area.
Our goal is to lead by example in the private rental sector, creating safe and happy homes for tenants and sound investments for landlords. Working across Glasgow and beyond, our relationships and customer service standards with tenants and landlords set us apart from the rest of the industry. We specialize in working with tenants in need of social housing, and our additional services such as advice on energy efficiency, financial health, interior design and employability make Homes for Good unique in the private rental sector. We work with third sector partners to maximize our charitable and social enterprise supply chain, ensuring that our profits are reinvested to change people’s lives.
Project development and delivery
- Lead the organization and facilitation of workshops and social events internally and externally, including via online video conferences
- Regularly engage with tenants through phone calls, home visits, video calls and planned activities
- Develop events and engagement activities tailored to specific groups of tenants based on factors such as age, background, diversity, economic status and mental health
- Develop, set up and manage tenant forums, compiling detailed results and impact reports
- Coordinate and organize resources/materials required for tenant engagement workshops
- Manage HFG’s online community groups, forums and conduct online workshops for tenants
- Explore volunteering avenues for our tenants, such as friendship and innovative engagement on social platforms
Tenant engagement and development
- Lead and promote tenant engagement projects using social media and local community groups
- Manage tenant engagement log to ensure activities are promoted, engaged and running smoothly
- Maximize the existing skills and talents of our tenants through development work with them
- Create regular newsletters for tenants, landlords and stakeholders
- Identify individual tenant needs in collaboration with our team and lead the development of tenant engagement projects
- Helping tenants develop their digital literacy and increase their online engagement
- Working to reduce the social isolation of our most vulnerable tenants and provide mental wellness support
Partner engagement and community development
- Build and develop strong working relationships with like-minded local businesses, partners and community groups
- Facilitate and execute community development programs
- Provide and report on information from the wider community that contributes to our future business plans.