Episcopal Community Services is currently accepting proposals for a Community engagement specialist, who will be responsible for increasing ECS enrollment for community programs. This person will serve as a liaison at key events in the greater Philadelphia area, with a focus on the Carroll Park / West Philadelphia area to engage and recruit attendees.
Episcopal Community Services works to empower individuals and families, so that they can determine and follow their own path. We focus on providing support through coaching through programs designed to provide opportunities for education, wellness, advocacy and community engagement. Our work with individuals and families places us in an optimal position to have a positive impact on our participants.
Our mission is to challenge and reduce intergenerational poverty. We increase the ability of people to improve their lives and achieve economic independence. We call on everyone to participate in lasting and positive change for our communities.
Scope of work and deliverables
Episcopal Community Services offers programs that support health / wellness, education, career development and self-reliance. The programs operate independently under the umbrella of the agency, with unique performance measures and staffing. Each with its own target population, registration periods and programming activities.
The specialist will become familiar with each program, using the written program materials and meeting with program staff. The Community Engagement Specialist will use information from the program, as well as input from program management to develop and deploy recruitment strategies tailored to meet agency recruitment goals. The specialist will identify and participate in opportunities to involve community members and recruit participants.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work in a community setting with diverse populations, including community groups, elected and unelected policy makers, staff and potential participants. They should also be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and Google documents.
• Route and strategy for attending community meetings and events in Greater Philadelphia, with a focus on Carroll Park / West Philadelphia
• Organize at least 6 information sessions / open house events during the contract period with the aim of increasing the number of registrations.
• List of firm contacts of referral sources / partners for ongoing recruitment efforts
• Credible references to ECS programs, resulting in increased enrollment
Calendar and key dates
• Registration for youth programs will begin in September, followed by Parenting in October and RISE in January. Additional programming dates will be identified during the 6 month contractual period.
This project is budgeted at approximately $ 10,000 for a 6 month period starting in October 2021.
To be considered, please submit the following to Rhena McClain, email@example.com, no later than October 11, 2021:
• A summary of your experience (or a link to the website)
• A story, which does not exceed two pages, which highlights:
o Experience in carrying out the required activities
o Interests in the project
o Project submission
• Two professional references
AAs an equal opportunity employer, Episcopal Community Services has a deep interest and commitment to inclusion and diversity along racial, ethnic and gender lines. We are actively looking for someone who can offer a broader perspective to this project and most importantly encourage people of color to apply.