The Gaston Community Foundation strengthens our county by providing quality donor services and leadership on community issues. The Foundation’s vision is to be the leader in philanthropic giving by connecting donors to community needs to improve the lives of present and future generations.
The Community Engagement Officer is a full-time office position. Normal hours for the position are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional missions before or after normal hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About the position:
• Provides support to the Grants Manager for all Foundation grantmaking programs and the grantmaking process (including program research, evaluation of grantee proposals, monitoring of grantmaking activities) , reports, etc.)
• Attend events and programs in the community related to grant recipients
Administer all Foundation programs, including but not limited to:
• Community Foundation Run: manages, plans, coordinates and executes all components of the Community Foundation Run
• Teens Changing Gaston County: responsible for planning and coordinating events that will engage teens and teach the role of philanthropy
• Next Generation Fund: Responsible for maintaining donor circle and planning social events
• Non-profit educational events
• As needed, assist in marketing the program through social media, e-newsletters, annual report, etc.
• Other assigned tasks and projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience in event planning
• Familiar with technology
• Desire to work in a team
• Interested in community and non-profit organizations
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Minimum required four-year college diploma or equivalent work experience
• A plus: knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, including but not limited to InDesign, Spark, Photoshop and Illustrator
• $40,000 to $50,000 (depending on experience)
• Competitive salary, excellent benefits including time off/vacation, medical/dental care and retirement program
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and up-to-date resume to Elizabeth Patton, Donor Development, Gaston Community Foundation, via email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The Gaston Community Foundation values diversity and inclusion; therefore, we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices and backgrounds of all individuals in our community.