Are you compassionate, creative and generous in spirit?
Are you open to learning new things and motivated to make real changes?
If so, this position may be for YOU!
ARCH Hospice is looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator.
Posted: July 22, 2022
Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator.
Shifts: Must work flexible hours based on events and fundraisers
Department: Management Team
Status: Permanent full-time (non-unionized)
Reports to: Executive Director
Application deadline: August 2, 2022 5:00 p.m.
Submission of applications: electronically to email@example.com
This position includes establishing, maintaining and expanding relationships and revenue streams to meet community relations and financial goals. ARCH must raise over $850,000 each year to provide quality palliative care services to our residents, their family members and community members. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the Fund Development Supervisor and be responsible for the following:
1. Performs all duties in accordance with the laws, mission, philosophy and policies of ARCH.
2. Create impressive community awareness campaigns, fundraisers, events and communications.
3. Collaborate with a team to brainstorm public relations and branding initiatives.
4. Produce social media campaigns, PR materials, posters, etc.
5. Requirements for Operation and Reporting of Approved/Regulated Sweepstakes and Fundraising Events.
6. Build relationships and value with key stakeholders: residents, families, donors, corporate sponsors, volunteers and the public.
7. Develops marketing plans, coordinates and expands fundraising activities to achieve Hospice goals and obligations, adhering to applicable regulations.
8. Develops annual work plans and strategies for current fundraising activities and future fundraising goals, based on evaluation results from previous fundraising activities.
9. Develops and maintains the corporate communications plan and branding strategies for ARCH Hospice.
10. Develops strategies for engagement, relationships, and recognition of partnerships and donors to increase ongoing support for palliative care services.
11. Works with the Fund Development Supervisor as the Sumac System Data Quality Manager.
12. Works with the Fund Development Supervisor to recruit, develop and delegate tasks to fundraising volunteers who serve on fundraising committees for ARCH.
13. Develops press releases to publicize ARCH events and fundraising activities.
14. Develops and maintains strong relationships with individuals and businesses.
15. Researches, recommends and develops grant funding proposals to support ARCH.
16. Solicits financial support from service clubs, local groups, churches, etc.
17. Prepare announcements, press releases and publicity for upcoming events.
18. Oversees social media in accordance with ARCH policy.
19. Represents ARCH at certain community activities and fundraising events.
20. Oversees coordination, processes and records, accounts for donations and receipts in accordance with financial standards and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, good communication and leadership skills and the ability to work well with all kinds of people:
• Bachelor’s degree/diploma in marketing, business and communications.
• Diploma or specialty certificate in public relations/event management, graphic design are considered an asset.
• Any other training or relevant experience will also be considered. Self-directed, learning-oriented individuals and/or those with non-profit/volunteer experience would also be an asset.
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge of marketing/public relations
• Demonstrated commitment to the values of Algoma Residential Community Hospice (ARCH).
• Tact and discretion in handling and handling confidential information.
• Ability to recruit, retain and delegate tasks to volunteers on fundraising committees.
• A willingness to exceed expectations, thrive in a flexible schedule, and work effectively and independently.
• Fundraising and event experience is invaluable to this position.
• Confident, enthusiastic and excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Proficiency in social media and software: Microsoft Office (including Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, online programs and databases.
• Possess a caring and compassionate spirit, a desire to make a difference and boundless optimism.
• People person with strong interpersonal/networking skills, ability to make connections and customer service orientation.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule (ie evenings, weekends) as required for fundraising and community relations events.
• Ability to work well under pressure and exercise good judgment in assessing difficult situations.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required (with sufficient liability insurance); as well as a clear CPIC (vulnerable people sector).
Please submit an expression of interest and resume to Nicole Pearce, Acting Executive Director; firstname.lastname@example.org before August 2, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
In your cover letter, please include the difference you want to make in our palliative community and why you would be a good candidate for this position. Please include “Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line.
ARCH is an equal opportunity employer, able to accommodate a variety of needs throughout the recruitment process. ARCH aims to have a workforce that represents the communities it serves.