The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (RCRC), the largest humanitarian network in the world with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 193 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity, especially during armed conflict and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality
The ability of National Society partners to respond adequately to the real needs of the affected population is an important strategic choice for NorCross. In Lebanon, we focus on health, including water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), as well as multipurpose cash assistance. The Lebanese Red Cross (LRC) is well placed and NorCross will continue to support the organizational development of the LRC.
CEA Lebanon Delegate
The purpose of the ACE Delegate is to provide technical leadership and quality guidance to operationalize the LRC’s commitments to community engagement and accountability as a key contribution to building community resilience in the face of humanitarian crises. The CEA Delegate provides guidance and promotes quality and accountability in operations and programs in applying systematic and innovative approaches to two-way communication, community engagement and feedback mechanisms and supports the operationalization of CEA in emergency situations. The CEA Delegate will provide specific technical support for the implementation and management of the Pilot Partnership Program Project (PPP).
Three strategic objectives for the position:
- Ensure that projects supported by the Norwegian Red Cross are designed and implemented in accordance with established technical standards and project management methodologies.
- Support LRC project teams in thematic frameworks and relevant CEA technical standards and support the operationalization of these standards.
- Proactively contributes with LRC and PNS technical teams to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalize technical standards for community engagement and accountability.
- Supports LRC interventions to integrate CEA as a methodology throughout the project cycle, i.e. conducts needs assessments, ensures quality of project design, monitoring and evaluation plan project, and provides technical support and advice to the ACE throughout.
- Strengthens NorCross portfolio in integrating ECA into primary health care and health emergencies (epidemic/pandemic preparedness and response), including baselines, assessments, guidelines and SOP development (standard operating procedures), procurement planning, capacity building, monitoring and reporting.
- Train and supervise the LRC teams concerned on the operationalization of the CEA.
- Tracks and analyzes data on all projects and reports on implementation and recommendations for future implementation.
We are looking for someone who;
- is self-directed, gets things done and is results-oriented
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and uses it to achieve their goals
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured manner; speaks with authority and conviction; effectively present
- understands the informal rules and structure of the organization and effectively uses internal processes to get things done
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area and participates in ongoing development
- has the ability to travel extensively within the country to locations of varying levels of safety and security
- Relevant university education in social/behavioral/communication sciences or equivalent of qualifying experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience implementing social behavior change and community engagement and empowerment interventions with a specific focus on health, DRR.
- Work experience in CEA regarding epidemic/pandemic preparedness and response, SOP development, assessments, team capacity building.
- Experience working with humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian contexts, preferably with previous experience in the MENA region generally.
- Proven experience in developing CEA systems and strategies and integrating CEA and behavioral/perception surveys.
- Fluency in English required. Proficiency in regional languages is an asset.
- An international driving license (manual transmission) is required.
Country Program Manager, Lebanon and integrated into the structure of the Lebanese Red Cross
The position is based at:
10 month contract
Significant: You will be part of the largest humanitarian organization in the world, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, autonomous and accountable humanitarian actors.
Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based around the world
A good place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hardworking, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and celebration of wins.
The Norwegian Red Cross strives to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity.
We perform a thorough background check on the relevant candidate.
How to register