Crain’s Chicago Business is proud to announce Crain’s 2022 Notable Leaders in Community Development, a special editorial feature in the August 22 print issue of Crain and online that will feature top Chicago leaders who promote community development. Roles include all industries such as banks, community development financial institutions (CDFIs), community development corporations (CDCs), developers, law firms, architectural firms, credit unions, etc. tax, non-profit organizations, economic development corporations, etc.
Top candidates will show they have made a difference by improving underserved and underinvested communities in and around Chicago, improving diversity and inclusion in their own organization, and/or assuming a leadership position in industry outside of the nominees’ own organization.
The deadline to nominate someone for this feature is July 1 at 11:59 p.m. CDT. Ready to submit your application? Start here.
Important criteria to consider.
- Must be based in the Chicago area to qualify (Cook County, DeKalb County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Kendall County, Lake County, McHenry County, Will County in the Illinois, Lake County, Indiana, and Kenosha County, Wisconsin).
- Must currently hold a leadership position in an organization that promotes community development. Roles are in (but not limited to) banks, community development financial institutions (CDFIs), community development corporations (CDCs), developers, law firms, architectural firms, tax credit syndicates, non-profit organizations, economic development corporations.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in the field of community development
- Applicants must show that they have made a difference in improving underserved and underinvested communities in and around Chicago.
- Assume a leadership position in the industry outside of the nominees’ own organization or business, including professional organizations and civic/community service initiatives.
Laureate profiles in the published feature will be based on the information provided in the nomination form . A reminder: content is submitted for editing by Crain’s Chicago Business staff to meet style and editorial standards.
The deadline for submission is July 1. Please complete all fields in the nomination form and click submit when completed.
To get started, if you have a Crain’s Chicago Business account, click the application link and login to your account. If you do not have an account, you will be asked to create one before you can proceed with the nomination form. Before starting the nomination process and/or logging into your account, please carefully read the nomination details below. Note: there is no nomination fee. We recommend that you use chrome or firefox web browsers to complete your application.
Nomination forms must be completed and submitted by July, 1st to take into consideration. All required sections of the form must be completed to be considered. Please note that incomplete answers may result in disqualification.
You will need to upload a high-resolution digital photo (300 dpi minimum) of your candidate and include a link to a biography published online such as LinkedIn during this process. Self-nominations are accepted.
Winner profiles in the published section will be created using the information provided in the nomination form. We will not accept revised nomination forms, so please make sure what you provide is correct. Profiles of honorees will not be reviewed until the section is published. Crain’s editorial team retains all rights to edit the information provided to meet style and editorial standards as well as space limitations. Do not submit information subject to change before the August 8 publication date. Do not submit information that you consider confidential.
Crain’s Chicago Business will publish this year’s special section in the August 22 print issue and online at chicagobusiness.com. Those selected to appear in the section will be notified by Crain’s Chicago Business approximately three weeks prior to publication.
If you have any problems submitting an application or have any questions regarding the application criteria, please email us at [email protected].
To resolve technical issues with the submission form, please contact our customer service department at [email protected] or 877-812-1590.
Ready to submit your application? Start here.